Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time by sending an email. Please make sure you tell us what Email address to unsubscribe and put the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line. Note that, if you do, Whistle Stop Pet Shop may suspend its provision of products and services to you. When you unsubscribe, if you fall within the guarantee period for any Whistle Stop Pet Shop product and you request a refund, the guarantee will be honored.
Whistle Stop Pet Shop collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to its web site, certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
Whistle Stop Pet Shop collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- to understand customer needs regarding Whistle Stop Pet Shop’s services;
- to develop and provide our web site and our products and services for our customers;
- to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from Whistle Stop Pet Shop, its affiliates and third parties;
- to allow customers to access limited-entry areas of Whistle Stop Pet Shop’s site;
- to personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from Whistle Stop Pet Shop and third parties;
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the Whistle Stop Pet Shop site or any product or service;
- to protect the services, products or rights of Whistle Stop Pet Shop, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Whistle Stop Pet Shop site; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning Whistle Stop Pet Shop’s site, products and services.
Whistle Stop Pet Shop also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
Whistle Stop Pet Shop limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes. Whistle Stop Pet Shop does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
When you visit the Whistle Stop Pet Shop web site, a cookie may be placed on your computer or the cookie may be read if you have visited the Whistle Stop Pet Shop site previously. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from the Whistle Stop Pet Shop web site, you may not be able to view all the text on the screens, or to experience a personalised visit, or to subscribe to certain service and product offerings on the Whistle Stop Pet Shop site.
Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Whistle Stop Pet Shop does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above);
- to Whistle Stop Pet Shop’ employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on Whistle Stop Pet Shop’s behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
- as necessary if Whistle Stop Pet Shop has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Whistle Stop Pet Shop’s rights or property, other users of Whistle Stop Pet Shop’s web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Whistle Stop Pet Shop or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in the Canada or the United States, or in any other country in which Whistle Stop Pet Shop or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this web site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), Whistle Stop Pet Shop will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove Whistle Stop Pet Shop’s compliance with any applicable law.
Accuracy of Personal Information
Whistle Stop Pet Shop will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing Whistle Stop Pet Shop about changes to their personal information. You can do this by calling (705) 737-1300 or sending an email. Whistle Stop Pet Shop will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
Access to Personal Information
Whistle Stop Pet Shop
3571 Penetanguishene Road
Craighurst, ON L4M 4Y8
If Whistle Stop Pet Shop is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer’s personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney–client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting Whistle Stop Pet Shop or the Privacy Officer as described above. Whistle Stop Pet Shop will promptly correct such personal information.